Tutorials

Sunday 31 January 2016

December/ January Mini Mania Challenge


Mini Mania time again......In December, because there is such a lot going on for most people we decided that we would give ourselves two  months to complete the December mini and now its time to reveal all.  As you may remember our quest this time was a sampler quilt, which had to have at least 9 blocks and to be no bigger that 20" x 20".  Once again I am going to patch all of my mini's into a large quilt at the end of the year, so knowing this I have used 16 sampler blocks.

Part of the fun in making these quilts is sorting through scraps to see what can be made.....


This is me being tidy with my scrap

Then I had to choose my blocks.... the first one I chose was flying geese

Yes I like it
on a roll
I'm like it even more 
I thought I was cracking on until I met this block....

Phew!  this one nearly drove me crazy
Believe it or not it took me about 5 hours to make this fiddly little devil.  I think it was all the teeny weeny pieces.

Eventually all blocks were done......

15 done and dusted

I needed one more block and for the life of me couldn't find one that I wanted to use,  I then remembered a swap group I used to play with ..... we used to swap 3.5" blocks, so after sorting through hundreds loads I found the cups  made by Silort and as the cups worked with my colours I added them.  If you have a few hours to waste, go and have a look at the swap group and see how brilliant the ladies are,....just remember the blocks are all 3.5" square.

Anyway back to my quilt... I added sashing and the borders

Ready to quilt
and finally

Tah Dah!!!
All of the groups  quilt can be seen here.

Whats coming next month???????  Tomorrow all with be revealed.





6 comments:

  1. Lovely Mini. Can't wait to see what we have to do in February!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Came over from flickr to see more. This little quilt is so pretty and I liked reading more about it. Your work is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Came over from flickr to see more. This little quilt is so pretty and I liked reading more about it. Your work is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So how many more minis do you need to make your quilt?😄

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea to make your mini's into a larger quilt - this one is a great start!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete