Tutorials

Sunday 29 November 2015

Slacking !!!!!

I feel like my feet have hardly touched the ground, so crafting has been a bit on the slow side . Still I have a couple of things to show and tell today.

Firstly my daughter bought some yarn at Yarndale back in September and asked me to make some fingerless mitts for her.  I was a little bit unsure as I thought the pattern I had was going to be a bit big for her, so I just knitted them on smaller needles and goodness they knitted up quickly......she may even get another pair before Christmas.

Nice and Lacy
 On Saturday I went along to make a Christmas wreath.  I am just not good at flower arranging unless it is a step by step arrangement, but the lovely Glynis was at hand to show us just what to do.  We were given a ring of wire which we had to bind with more wire then add the moss and bind again.

Should I just leave it like this???
 Everyone had brought greenery, so the hall smelt like a forest, and the floor looked like a forest floor.....  but we were having fun.

There's always one that's sensible and brings her apron !

Heads down and working hard
After adding the greenery (which I have to tell you took a lot longer then imagined) we could add some fancy bits.   There was a great choice laid out on the table, and I really thought I would go for all the baubles and beads, but in the end decided less was more.  I am thrilled with my creation and can't wait to hang it outside on the first of December.


Tah Dah!

I'll be back soon to show you the next stage of our Mini Mania Challenge....Yes -November has whizzed and its nearly time for us all to show and tell about our Churn dash minis.

See you soon x


2 comments:

  1. I can just smell the greenery! Looks lovely! You always go to such fun functions!

    Yarndale...wouldn't it be fun to live in a place called Yarndale?:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really enjoyed the day as well and how different all the wreaths were.

    ReplyDelete