Tutorials

Saturday 14 June 2014

How time fly's

Goodness where have all the days gone??  Perhaps what has made time fly by is the fact that we have been away for one weekend, and this week we had family come to visit - men off to play golf while we ladies spend time sewing.

I have also received my mini quilt from my swap partner.  If you remember we could choose Log Cabin, Pin wheels, or Chinese Coins, and I made her this



and this is the mini my partner sent me.. a sampler of Log cabin blocks, and its just perfect.

measures 10" x !0"

So what has been happening in my world, not a lot actually but the sunshine has brought out the flowers.  

Love in the mist...I just love them peeking through the undergrowth

Last year this only had a couple of flower heads, but this year its beautiful

Sambucus nigra
The foxgloves have grown taller than the fence


 and the Peony's have given a bumper crop



With rain forecast I thought they would be battered down, so decided to cut them 

I have two vases full
At the end of May I showed you a 'wholecloth' quilt that I was going to add to and so far I have made these blocks to surround it 

Dresdon Plate

Flying Geese

Lone Starburst

Indian Summer 
I have another 12 of these 9" blocks and for the corners 8" blocks, so my thinking cap is on.   I hope to show you a few more next time.

+






4 comments:

  1. Love your blocks Jo, and sewing with family is a perfect pastime. Your peonies are gorgeous, min have put on a poor show this year, maybe time for a move...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the fabric in your blocks - very zingy!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sure your garden looks a picture ,I think your blocks are great. Happy sewing

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow your garden is lovely so lucky to have so many beauts for the vase. Your quilt blocks are beautiful I love your colour choices it is going to be lovely.

    ReplyDelete