Tutorials

Monday 20 May 2013

Great Weekend

We had friends visit over the weekend, so a bit more cooking was called for.  Mr D had found a recipe for a Rhubarb and Orange cake that he fancied and as Rhubarb is in season I thought I would have a go.  I must say I did think it was going to be a bit of a stodgy cake as Rhubarb can hold lots of moisture and you use all the juice from one Orange along with three eggs, so quite a lot of  liquid, but it turned out really great and it will be on my list of favourites to make in future.  What I also liked about this cake was when you cut it you could see the wonderful colour of the Rhubarb so not only did it taste nice it looked pretty too.

Half eaten but look at that colour.

On Sunday morning we decided to go for a walk, and look what we found.....

So sweet
then around the next tree we found more

beautiful Bluebells
When we left home there was still a chill in the air, so we wrapped up nice and cosy.

from left to right.. Mr R, me, Mrs V.
By the end of the walk the sun was out and it turned into a nice warm day, so we spent the rest of the day in the garden lapping up some vitamin D.  Would you believe we even ate outside....great day.

This is another cushion that I have just finished....bet you will all be glad when these are finished and I go onto something new.  




Maybe next time I might have something completely different to show you...

2 comments:

  1. Loving this one Jo. It's like a funky Mastermind!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your rhubarb cake looks and sounds delicious and those flowers are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete